Troubleshoot & Issues
Explore the world of alexa
Alexa won't connect to smart-home devices:
First of all, check the smart home device which you want to connect is compatible. There are few companies which are supported by Amazon Echo such as Nest, Philips, and Wink. The list of supported smart-home devices is increasing day by day. If you are facing trouble to connect your smart-home devices to Amazon Echo, Restart your Amazon Echo. Error 10:2:12:3:1 or 12:2:15:1:1 specifies the connectivity problem with Wi-Fi and smart-home devices.
- Open Alexa app on your computer or smart phone and go to Smart Home.
- Discover your Smart-home device and Tap on your listed device.
- Check the Wi-Fi connection and try to connect the smart-home device.
Sometimes the problem might be due to a software issue and busy networks. If you are facing any problem like this, Just reboot the devices. Update the software as well to make the connectivity better
Alexa Won't connect to Bluetooth devices.
Amazon Echo works on two Bluetooth Profiles
- A2DPSNK (Advanced Audio Distribution)
- AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control)
Check that your Bluetooth device works on one of these profiles. Check the battery of your Bluetooth device as well.
If you are still facing Problems, then try following steps:
- Open Alexa app on your smart phone.
- Go to settings and Tap on Bluetooth.
- Delete all the previous devices which are under the paired devices.
- Restart your device and try to pair it again.
Streaming media from Spotify, Pandora and iHeartRadio are incredibly easy with Amazon Echo. It’s one of the top leading skills of Amazon Echo. If it doesn’t stream media, check the Wi-Fi connection. If you install any firewall on your network then it might deliver you trouble to stream media. If your internet speed is less than 1 Mbps, then the problem still remains. Upgrade your internet plan to enjoy the streaming services.
Make sure the listed ports are open for streaming services: 443, 5353,123, 4070, 40317, 49317, 33434.
Light Ring Status
The color of the light ring specifies the numerous problems can occur in Amazon Echo. You can determine the problem from the color of the light ring. A light ring will alert you about the problem and can glow in different colors.
- Violet: It appears when there is a problem with Wi-Fi Setup
- Orange: Device is trying to connect to your wireless network.
- Red: It describes the mic switch of the Amazon Echo is off.
- Amber: It describes the setup is in between, waiting for you to connect the device to the network.
- Blue: It describes the speaker is trying to pair with Bluetooth.
Wi-Fi connection is intermittent:
Amazon Echo’s power LED gives you the status of the Wi-Fi connectivity. if your LED is flashing white, it means the connection is genuine. If your LED is flashing orange, it means there is no Wi-Fi connectivity.
If you have a dual-band router, then you can connect the Echo device with 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency. Check your both frequency networks and connect your Echo device with that network which offers you less congested and more stable.
If it doesn’t resolve the problem, restart your router and Amazon Echo device. Delete all the unused devices which are making your connection congested and connect your Echo again.
Wi-Fi Error 7:3:0:0:1
This error also indicates that there is a problem with Wi-Fi Connectivity. Some people thought it might represent the problem with the router and restart their router again and again. if your another devices are connected to the same router and working properly, then the problem might be with router firmware. Upgrade to the latest firmware of the router and try to connect the device again.
If it doesn’t correct the problem, reset the Amazon Echo. Insert the paper clip in the reset hole at the bottom of your device until all the lights turn off. Restart your device and connect your device with the help of Alexa app.
GETTING TROUBLE? Just Call us +1-844-542-9555
Get Your Alexa Device Fixed Now
Explore the amazing world of Alexa by Yourself
If you require any assistant to setup your alexa device, Please get in touch with our experts and call us on our toll-free number 1-844-542-9555. We will execute our best to assist you when you need it most.
- Power on your echo device
- Open Alexa app on your device
- Open settings in your Alexa app and select your device and then select Set up a new device
- Press and hold the action button until you see an orange light on the top of your device.
- Find your home Wi-Fi network name in the list of available Wi-Fi networks in your app.
- Enter your home Wi-Fi network password in order to connect your device to Wi-Fi. After that, your device connects to your Wi-Fi and you can use your Alexa Echo device
Alexa Echo works with dual-band Wi-Fi and connects with 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz However it doesn’t work with peer-to-peer networks
Alexa Echo Features
Alexa smart home skills have some most desirable features to offer. If you’ve never added apps to your echo device, it’s pretty effortless to access alexa app in your device. Click on the menu button on the left and choose skills and apps from the list. Download your valuable skills according to your preference. The Alexa echo works with smart home products like LED bulbs, Wi-Fi connected home theater, control your thermostat, Lighting, Cameras and home security devices.
This feature authorizes you to turn on and off your lights. You can adjust the brightness and numerous lights together with just a sole command. Set the timer to switch off the lights as well if you want to go out.
With this feature, you can adjust the temperature of your thermostat without getting up from your bed. You can simply ask alexa to turn up and down the temperature, or set a precise temperature according to your suitable condition.
The alexa skill pronounces you a specific data about your car and authorizes you track information about your vehicle. You can get information about how much you cover the distance last month and whether you need to refill your gas.
Book your ride in Uber and Lyft by simply saying, “Alexa, ask uber or lyft to request a ride” and update your drop location as well. The payment would be done automatically from your account.
Alexa can read out the text messages for you through alexa app. Get the hands-free text messages skill from your Alexa app and mention the phone to send your text third-party phone users. Third party skill which permits you send and receive text messages.